Tuesday, September 23, 2008

September 23, 2008 - Weigh-In

September 23, 2008
Weigh-In

LA had a doctors appointment today so we went with her. Aubrey was pretty good. She wanted me to feed her shortly after arriving at the doctor's office. You know the rule - no crying babies in the lobby. Anyway, after LA's appointment we decided to stop by Summerville Medical Center for the breast feeding support group that meets on Tuesday's. We only wanted to go to get her weighed for free so we could see how the breast feeding is going.

I told LA I wasn't going in until she confirmed it was ok. I didn't think any males would be there so LA opened the door, stuck her head in and turned around and told me "you don't want to come in here" like it was some kind of war zone of breast feeding moms. I think I might take her next week just for a laugh and to if anybody would say anything. There are such things as stay at home dads which I would be excellent. Anyway, LA wasn't interested in the "support" function of the group but just the free weighing.

It is confirmed. We have a little chunker on our hands. She is eating well and gaining weight. I told ya'll a long time ago she was going to be a superstar at everything - so far she got sleeping and eating down pat. The official weight was 8lbs 12.5oz. She has already surpassed her birthweight after 9 days. The goal was back to birth weight in two weeks. Wonder if that broke any records. Wonder who you check with about that - might be her first trophy. Guess we better put her on a diet now - just kidding. That's good news and tells us the she is getting enough to eat and that it's full of good nutrients to help her grow up strong and healthy.

So today's summary: Aubrey is a superstar and overachiever (which translates into chunker).

No comments:

More Aubrey 11.18.08

Halloween 08

A Few More Pictures

Aubrey Elizabeth - 1st Pictures and We Are Family

Aubrey Elizabeth - Part 2

Aubrey Elizabeth Continued...

Aubrey Elizabeth More Pictures

Aubrey Picture Time