Wednesday, September 17, 2008

September 16, 2008 - "First Visit To The Doctor"

September 16, 2008
First Visit To The Doctor

We woke up today from about the same kind of night as the previous. I told LA we needed a plan of action so we could make sure we left on time and were not late. It’s a little different now – can’t just sit back and load up the car 30 minutes prior to the appointment.

Aubrey loved her first car ride of more that 10 minutes. We made a mental note in case she ever starts crying uncontrollably.

When we got to the doctors office, I noticed that it was overflowing with kids which is a good thing. While we were waiting a 2 year old approached Aubrey and wanted to see her and LA showed Aubrey to her. Then out of the corner of my eye I see her touching Aubrey’s hand. You would be proud of me because I didn’t say anything to her mother. I was wondering how long LA was going to let it go on. Come to find out later she was thinking the same thing – “Hello, she is two days old and when’s the last time you washed your hands”. Next time Aubrey will wait in the car until she is called.

Aubrey has lost 9 ounces – she was down to 8lbs. It is within the acceptable range and we are shooting for 8lbs 9oz by her next appointment in two weeks. Dr T checked her out and said everything looks good. He reassured us that were both (Aubrey and Us) figuring this thing out – Aubrey had the good life where everything was done for her and now she has to learn how to do it on her own. I know we don’t know what we are doing. He told us what we already knew – We are in survival mode for two weeks. We’re happy with our choice of pediatrician. It is worth the drive.

Aubrey loved the car ride home! She was knocked out.

No comments:

More Aubrey 11.18.08

Halloween 08

A Few More Pictures

Aubrey Elizabeth - 1st Pictures and We Are Family

Aubrey Elizabeth - Part 2

Aubrey Elizabeth Continued...

Aubrey Elizabeth More Pictures

Aubrey Picture Time