October 6th, 2008
Hog Show / Hospital Bills
It was a pretty big weekend for Aubrey. She attended her first ever Hog Show (I am pretty sure it was my first ever. However, if your giving out points, I am a goat show veteran. It's got to count for something) at the Orangeburg County Fair on Friday night (What did you do on Friday night sit around the house? Thought so.) and attended her first ever birthday party (Emmy's) on Saturday night. She didn't get to see much at the hog show because she was doing what she does best - sleep. If she had she would have seen the Ulmer clan rack up the ribbons - Wes, Garrett, Hayes and Emmy all brought home the awards. She didn't see much of the birthday party except for her Uncle Wesley (who will no longer be mentioned in the blog after this post, along with Mike because of a little alligator hunting trip that allegedly took place where they killed a 12 footer. I have seen the photos but still I am not a believer) and Mama. The family rule is that once Mama has the baby no one asks to hold her...funny.
So we got the majority of the insurance claims from our hospital visit with Miss Aubrey. No one told us the $25 office visit co-pay we've been paying didn't cover EVERYTHING. I thought we were prepaying. Hope they have a payment plan. Wow, it's expensive to visit a hospital. We're glad we didn't stay an extra day. After reviewing the claims submitted by the hospital, doctors, nurses, and cleaning staff, if we decide to have another child we are going to look at a destination birth for $850 per night we can stay a couple of nights at a five star resort. When LA goes into labor if we can time it right all we have to do go to the lobby in a panic shouting "my wife is having a baby" and "ask if there's a doctor in the house" and before the ambulance can get there the doctor delivers baby number 2 - saving on two doctors charges, the cost of the epidural and "medical supplies". I am going to the post office tomorrow to tell them to hold our mail or either I am going to change our address and not forward the mail. That way we can tell them "we haven't received a bill from you, baby we didn't have a baby". We probably won't be answering our home phone anymore in case they start calling for payment. We are sure the bills with "Amount Due" will be arriving any day now. Better stick to email and calling us on the cell phone, if you want to get up with us.
PS - Since I had to actively participate in the delivery and not just be the support person, I am sending a bill to the hospital and doctor for my services and my counseling.
Monday, October 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment